Trending Shapes & Patterns: 2Peas Share

One of the hottest trends this past year has been the introduction of interesting patterns and shapes on paper, stickers, and in embellishments. This month the Garden Girls (designers for www.twopeasinabucket.com) took this concept and created layouts and cards that use some of these trending shapes and patterns.

For my take on this assignment, I chose a few shapes that I enjoy: stars, circles, pennants, arrows, and hexagons. While this may seem a like a lot of shapes to incorporate into one layout, by selecting neutral colors for these shapes and placing them in clusters on my layout, it keeps the eye focused on the photo and journaling.

 You can find more details about this page HERE on 2Peas.

Here are some close-up photos of this project:




Below I've suggested a few of the supplies I used to create this layout; as well as, some additional trending patterns and shapes you might try on your next project. You can search the 2Peas store for items such as "star," "hexagon," and so forth to find your favorite shaped embellishments and patterned paper.

Suggested Products (click photos for product information):


2 comments

  1. I think the mix of patterns is quite subtle so its not obvious that you've used so many different shapes. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your style! Your ability to add embellishmints in the right place is a gift. You inspire me! I have two grandsons and frequently use your layouts for my starting point. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...