Blustery Fall Day!

Although summer still lingers, yesterday I tasted fall. The day was overcast but when the sun peeked through the clouds it caught the golden quakies on the mountains and illuminated them. And as I drove through town, the leaves scuttered across the road while the wind howled and whistled through my car door (remind me to get that tightened).

I can feel it! I'm burning a cinnamon scented candle every day. I've attempted wearing sweaters and boots despite the near 80 degree temperatures. All so I can will fall to hurry on its way. I love the crisp, cool air and the fall celebrations. It really is a lovely season around these parts!

To celebrate fall, the Garden Girls created fall layouts this month. You can find many of their designs here. I created this layout about a family trip to the local pumpkin patch. What made this trip extra special is that it was just a short time before my brother passed away. We did not know then just how precious that family time would become. I'm learning to treasure the small and the large moments as you never know what's around the next bend be it a blessing or a trial.


For additional photos of this project, be sure to check out the project here.

Here is the supply list for this project:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...