Hero Arts

Since it was dark and gloomy all day yesterday and we didn't have any hot plans (since the hubby was working), I played around with some lovely Hero Arts stamps that were generously donated to me (and some that I purchased). I am really impressed with Hero Arts. Their images are creative, exciting, and relevant to current trends. And frankly, you know how I love to stamp!!

This first card features a very pretty pink owl on a branch in front of a yellow woodgrain moon. To create this card, I punched a circle from the green pattern paper. Then I stamped over the circle area with green stamping ink and a floral image. To create the moon, I used the Woodgrain stamp and yellow embossing powder. I placed the "moon" behind the open circle. I handcut the branch and mounted it on the card. I paper pieced the owl, but I turned his eyes so they were open and happy-looking rather than closed (I thought that fit my "hello" card better). The colors were inspired by a Stampin' Up pad I received during their Sale-a-bration event. It's a little 6X6" pad full of beautiful colors and patterns, which I've used several times in these three cards.




Supplies:
* Cardstock: Prism, Provo Craft
* Pattern Paper: Stampin' Up
* Stamp It: Critters Stamp by Hero Arts
* Essential Messages Stamp by Hero Arts
* Stencil Art Stamp by Hero Arts
Woodgrain stamp by Hero Arts
* Old Olive stamp  pad by Stampin' Up
* Black ink pad by Inque Boutique
* Yellow Embossing powder by American Crafts (here's a link to another company's yellow embossing powder)
* 1.75" Circle Punch by Fiskars
* Striped ribbon by Love Elsie for KI Memories

This next stamp uses the "Row of Houses" stamp by Hero Arts. To create the card I stamped the Raindrop Background stamp on the craft cardstock and the rubbed the edges with brown stamping ink. I machine stitched it to the white cardstock. The blue heart label is cut using my Silhouette Machine (I stretched the image to be longer), I used Versmark ink to emboss three of the houses with yellow, orange, and teal embossing powder because I liked the glossy finish better than the dryer inked image. I mounted three on a grass-like pattern pattern (pop dotting the middle house). I added a sentiment stamp and a felt flower from Making Memories to complete this card.




Supplies:
* Cardstock: Provo Craft, Bazzill
* Pattern Paper: Bella Blvd, Stampin' Up
* Gray Buttons: American Crafts
* Row of Houses Stamp by Hero Arts
* Yellow Embossing Powder by American Crafts
* Teal Embossing Powder by American Crafts
* Orange Embossing Powder by American Crafts
* Essential Messages stamp by Hero Arts
* Black stamping ink by Inque Boutique
* Sahara Sand stamping ink by Stampin' Up
* Felt flower by Making Memories
* Pinking scissors by Provo Craft
* Scallop Sentiment border punch by Fiskars
* Silhouette Machine by Quickutz
* Silhouette digital download shape: background_frame_nesting_artisan_set_C00427_19210 (I ungrouped and used just the outline of the light blue one pictured below)




This last card still uses the same color scheme (I told you that paper pad was inspiring). For this stamp I used the Houndstooth stamp and Clear Embossing Powder to create the background. I cut a piece of pink heart pattern paper to resemble a ribbon and stamped the sentiment on the strip. I wrapped tan twine around a label punch and then paper pieced the house and pop dotted it on the label. I stamped little butterflies on orange pattern paper and colored in the center pieces of the butterflies. Then I assembled the card.




Supplies:
* Cardstock: Provo Craft, Bazzill
* Pattern Paper: Bo Bunny, Stampin' Up
* Houndstooth stamp by Hero Arts
* Mi Casa stamp by Hero Arts
* Photo corner by Canson
* Earth Tones Stamp markers by American Crafts
* Label Punch by McGill
* Scallop Sentiment border punch by Fiskars
* Twine from my craft supply

 I'm working on a new "Work It Out Wednesday" for tomorrow's Scrapbook Trends Blog so be sure to check it out. (The photo at the top of this blog post is featured on the current ST Blog about "Stamp Storage.") You can find a Doodlebug Version for purchase here at 2Peas.

And my camera arrived in the mail yesterday--can't wait to try it! So I'll be learning how to film movies over the next couple of days to try and have one ready for my March "Mini Album a Month" class.

8 comments

  1. Beautiful cards! Where did you get your wall unit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got my wall unit at Archiver's. It's made by Making Memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable. My two favorite things, owls and houses! I saw your stamp storage on ST blog! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, how i love it when you use Hero stamps-- you bring so much inspiration! Makes me want to dig all mine out and play play play!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all really super sweet cards, love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE that owl card! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So bright and cheery! These all make me smile BIG!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. those are beautiful! love your stamp storage Jen!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...