To Create the Pinwheels:
1. Use a digital or manual pinwheel die to die cut pinwheels from white or yellow paper or cardstock.
2. Fold up each corner to meet in the center of the pinwheel.
3. To create the daffodil flower center, punch a circle from black cardstock. Use a smaller hole punch to punch a hole through the center of the larger circle.
4. To create the 3d part of the daffodil, die cut two layers of white cardstock flowers with a manual die cut machine a small pointed flower.
5. To create the flower center, thread a black, gem brad through the center of the white flowers, the black punched circle, and ALL the holes in the pinwheel. Use your fingers to pinch up the petals of the top, white flower to create a 3d effect.
6. Pinch the ends of the top of a straw together. Use a tiny hole punch to punch a hole in the pinched part of the straw, about 1/4" from the top of the straw.
7. Thread the brad through the holes of the straw, and open the brad ends on the back of the straw.
8. The daffodil pinwheel should easily turn when blown. Adjust the tightness of the brad if the pinwheel sticks.
Here's a closer look at the pinwheels:
Shop The Supplies:
(Click the images to shop the products. Affiliate links have been used where possible.)