5 Ways to Use Up Your Scrapbooking Supplies!

Somewhere along the line you became a "hoarder" versus a "crafter." When did all those lovely purchases turn into collections rather than finished scrapbooking layouts? And here's the truth of the matter: I'm right there with you. I have boxes full of paper that I loved when I bought it, but have yet to use. And it's not just paper. It's stickers, embellishments, stamps, tools and so much more. I admit that I love the thrill of a good find whether it's a good deal or a really great item that I love. And sometimes I can shop a whole lot faster than I can find the time to craft.

So what's a girl (or guy) to do with all that lovely paper and beautiful supplies?

5 Ways to Use Up Your Scrapbooking Supplies by Jen Gallacher: http://jengallacher.blogspot.com/2015/08/5-ways-to-use-up-your-scrapbooking.html #scrapbooking #scrapbook

Five Ways to Use Up Your Scrapbooking Supplies


1. Layer, layer, layer! A great way to use up paper is to layer several sheets on a layout. You know I love my layering. Besides being a great way to use up supplies, it also looks great. Here's one example of how I layered several papers on one page. There are actually four different papers on this one layout and yet it all works and looks cohesive.

 ("Happy" Scrapbooking Process Video. Click HERE to watch.)

2. Create a few personalized scrapbooking kits. The lovely Shimelle Lain is a whiz at this. I love her series called "Best of Both Worlds". You can check out how she brilliantly uses her products to create her own scrapbooking kits in her series HERE. Using her kits as ideas, create your own kits using your own supplies. Talk about a kit perfectly personalized for you!

3. Watch a video or two for new ideas on how to use your supplies. This year I'm hosting the "Product Playground" class with Big Picture Classes. You can watch this monthly video class, as well as, all of the BPC classes with your $9.95 a month membership. Check out this class HERE. This month I'm focusing on something I KNOW you have on hand. Be sure to watch my latest video, as well as, my past six lessons by searching for "Product Playground" on the site.

Product Playground class for Big Picture Classes taught by Jen Gallacher: http://www.bigpictureclasses.com/users/JenGallacher


4. Give some items away. This might be the most painful suggestion yet; but I promise you that it will be a very freeing feeling. Find a box. Perhaps one of the boxes you received from your last scrapbooking purchase or online order. Start "shopping" your supplies pulling out papers, stickers, and embellishments you haven't used in 5 years or longer. Place these items in the box and then donate them to a local charity or gift them to a friend. Two things happen when I do this. One is that I feel happy that someone else is learning to love the hobby I so enjoy. And two is that in going through my stash, I rediscover additional items I want to use and I'll pull them out for my next project. It ends up being a double reward in a sense.

5. Create additional projects. Have you tried card making? What about creating art for your home? I really love taking my favorite scrapbooking products and making something meaningful for my home. Here's a look at one of my "Make It Meaningful" projects I made this year. It's just one additional way to use up all those amazing products you already own. Want to see other paper crafting projects I've created? Search by "Make It Meaningful" in my blog sidebar.

3 Decorative Paper Craft Frames by Jen Gallacher: http://jengallacher.blogspot.com/2014/11/handmade-decorative-frame-gifts.html
 (Click HERE to read more about this tutorial.)

Whatever the reason you've been hanging onto paper, stickers, or embellishments, now is the time to let it all go. Choose one or two methods for using up your supplies and start making a dent in that stack of goodies. If you have additional suggestions for how you use up your supplies, I'd love to hear them! Simply leave your ideas in the comments section below. I can't wait to hear how you're using up your stash.

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...