I thought perhaps you'd like a look at what's on my current list (although it seems to be constantly changing).
Craft Room "To Do" List:
1. Paint color. Do I go really neutral with white, keep it the creamy yellow, or dive into something new?
2. Black-out curtains. While I love the south-facing window, it's totally messing with my video lighting. How to address that fan shaped window? Currently I'm using a tension rod to hold the curtain. Ideas anyone?
3. What is in those drawers anyway? Since the storage cubes I've been using for the past 10 years or so are in a new configuration, I can't find a thing. It's time to reorganize and finally label the drawer pulls.
4. Stamps, Dies, and Stencils oh my. I'm determined to get these organized in a way that's easy to find and encouraging to use. I'm going to give the Jennifer McGuire organizational method a try. Now I just need a "pretty" way to store them.
5. Photo prop organization. I'm nearly done with my photo prop station. I've decided to organize items by color as that is often how I "shop" for props when I'm photographing a project. Where do I get my photo prop ideas? I'll do a separate post on staging photos and finding cool props for those of you that are interested.
6. Desk. Do I go bigger or keep what I have now? This room would allow for a double desk (meaning two desks placed back-to-back). That kind of excites me a little, but also makes me wonder if it would simply become a staging ground for more clutter. What do you think? Bigger is better or make it work?
7. Decor. The slanted walls in this room are throwing me for a loop. I have little to no wall space for cool decor pieces, and I have so many beautiful vintage things I've collected over the years. I also don't want to overwhelm the room with too many shelving units. I like a little breathing room. It's a hard one to address.
8. Get some albums already. I have so many layouts not yet placed in sheet protectors that it's frightening. I need a better way to store my albums so that I can quickly and easily put away a layout once it's done. Where do you store your completed albums? Are they in your craft space or somewhere else in your home? I'd love to hear some suggestions.
This is just a basic overview of what I have in mind for my new space. I'm excited to finally have a place big enough to hold all my favorite crafting supplies. I feel very blessed, and look forward to the day when everything has a place. I think it will make crafting even more rewarding. What do you think?
If you'd like a peek at my old scrapbook space, you can find the photos HERE. Or you can watch the video HERE on my Youtube channel or below. I loved that room, but this room has some advantages that the old room did not. It's challenging to move to a new space. That's for sure.
Currently my daughter is working on her section of the room. Man, that girl has vision. Just wait until you see it. We're hoping to share a craft room tour soon so keep a look out!