Finding My Groove Again

I didn't realize; although, I somewhat suspected that when we decided to put our house up for sale back in March that our lives would change and change drastically. What I didn't realize is that from March when we first began prepping the house to sell to even now in late September, that I would have trouble keeping up with it all.

It's almost like pregnancy. You forget all the stress moving causes.

From the insanity (and complete blessing) of selling the house in 10 days. To a very crazy move in just three weeks during which I was both sick and working long hours. Then there was the mad dash to find a place to live, to miraculously finding a month-to-month rental in the form of a townhome in our city.  And then the thoroughly exhausting and overwhelming search for a home continued with us trying to decide between building and buying. And even when we settled on this dream home, realizing that there were some repairs and updates that needed to be made before we could fully move in. To date, we still have boxes and furniture in our storage unit. I do have my appliances back in my house, but half my kitchen is still boxed up. It's been a crazy, crazy time for us; and while I'm thoroughly grateful for all the blessings we're received I have also been very overwhelmed.

On the work side of things, there were lots of big changes as well. Two Peas closed their doors, a sad day for all of us Garden Girls. I stepped back from some of my other freelance work as I tried to make a temporary office work for me. I also learned that my book title had been pulled. And Echo Park and Carta Bella Paper's demands became greater as I worked to help with product development for the companies' new die and stamp lines. And in the middle of all that, I just could not find my creative groove. I think I lost it somewhere amongst the boxes waiting to be unpacked in my scrapbook room.

It's difficult to feel creative in the middle of chaos. And because I'm so affected by things like change and chaos, it was even more difficult than I imagined it to be.

We're getting there. Soon (or at least I hope soon) I will be able to put my scrapbook room back together. I can actually cook in my own home and do laundry, which are neither of my favorite chores but I'm ready for the return to a routine again.

What can you expect from me in the future? I'm still working behind the scenes to relaunch my 2Peas classes. I have a few extra and NEW items in the works that you will be able to download and access as well. I'm pretty excited about them. I'm also in negotiations with some great companies to provide you with some some exciting new things. Looking for a way to interact with me? Be sure to check out my True Scrap 6 class HERE, which I will be teaching in October.

As far as design work, my new office has enough room to set up a better filming studio. That makes me all kinds of excited. I thank each of you for subscribing to my Youtube channel. I am working to get more how-to videos and vlog entries up on my channel. In the meantime, check out the Scrapbook and Cards Today Magazine channel HERE and the Echo Park Paper channel HERE as I film many of their videos as well.

I'm ready for my creative juices to begin flowing again so I'll be ready to tackle some new things. Stay tuned as I find my groove again.

12 comments

  1. Hang in there, Jen! Sounds like the worst of it is behind you. We moved sold our house in 2 days back in February, moved in April, and I still feel like I'm getting settled 5 months later. There's so much more to moving than packing and unpacking boxes. My scrapping has definitely taken a hit, but I'm slowly getting the mojo back. Looking forward to what you have in store in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right, Sue. Hopefully we'll both be in the groove soon.

      Delete
  2. So happy to hear you were able to find your dream home! That's such a blessing. Excited to see what you are working on :) Glad you are getting your groove back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't even know what to say................sounds like you certainly have your plate full. Hopefully once you get your house (and office) in order things will get easier. Best of luck to you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy, it's sink or swim, right? ;)

      Delete
  4. Anonymous12:47 AM

    Sounds to me like you have every reason to have been a bit mojo-less recently! I really sympathise - just one of those changes would have knocked me for six. Be kind to yourself; give yourself time and space to feel strong again. Your fans aren't going anywhere :o) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hang in there girl! look forward to seeing your videos again in the future.
    ~d

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sure has been a year of change for you! I'm so glad for you that things are finally falling into place! Chaos is tough!! I am excited about all the things you have in the works for us, your followers :) Best of luck as you continue to put the pieces back together!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess it's all about life's seasons. And the good thing about seasons is they change and flow and surprise us constantly. "Give yourself time" is always a good quote to remember :)
    Good luck with it all Jen. It sounds like there are some more wonderful times ahead. x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...