Make It Meaningful Bonus Project: Friendship Card


Make It Meaningful Bonus Project:

There are days when I just want to say "thank you" to a friend. It might be because she picked up my kids from school at the last minute. Or it might be because she dropped by unexpectedly with a pizza for my family for dinner. Or it might be because she's had a particularly hard day, and I want to help cheer her up. On days like that I don't want some generic store card. I want something that shows how much I care.

For those days, only a handmade card will do. While some cards should be made for the individual occasion, other cards can be made ahead. Just think of how great it would be to have a box full of handmade, lovely cards to give people you care about.

That's a goal I need to embrace this year. Quick! Somebody write that down for me.

To Make This Project:

Supplies:
* Yellow Polka Dot, Blue Bubles, Pink Striped, Green Striped, and Green Floral Patterned Paper (from a variety of 6x6 paper pads)
* Sizzix Die Cut Machine
* Echo Park Card, Banner, Border, and Heart Die Cut Shapes
* Pink Button
* White Crochet Twine
* Sewing Machine
* Green Ribbon
* "Friends" stamp
* Green and Brown Stamping Ink

You can search for many of these items HERE in the 2Peas store or in the Echo Park Paper category at Sizzix.com HERE.

Instructions:
I have to admit that I have a slight 6x6 paper pad addiction. I'm sorry. I can't help it! I just love the small patterns in the hand-held version of larger paper collections. Don't we all love miniature versions of things? I think the smaller print sizes are perfect for projects like cards. And I used several pieces from a variety of Echo Park Paper pads to make this card.

Using the manual die cut shapes, I cut and assembled this card in no time at all. I can easily change out the sentiment with something like "birthday" or "Mom" when the occasion calls for it.


You can get this same look by using shapes from your Cricut or Silhouette machine. Look for basic card shapes to start with and then add additional shapes to help you create the perfect card. A manual die cutting system also makes quick work of any project, especially cards.

Want to watch a few videos on card making? Check out my Youtube channel HERE for some additional tutorials. Be sure to subscribe so you don't miss out on any of the videos I film for both my personal channel, as well as, those channels for which I work. I have LOADS of ideas to share!

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...