Make It Meaningful Bonus Project: Valentine Frame



Make It Meaningful Bonus Project:

Have you been watching my weekly 2Peas "Make It Meaningful" scrapbooking videos? If so, you'll know that this year I'm focusing on recording more meaningful memories. There are lots of ways to make memories meaningful. One is to decorate your home with seasonal items made just by YOU!

Since Valentine's Day is right around the corner, I wanted something pretty and frilly to display in my home. I used the "Head Over Heels" collection from Echo Park Paper once more like I did for this last project HERE for the basic foundational pieces for this project.

You'll start to notice this year some additional textural elements to my projects. I have completely fallen in love with the "metallic" trend so I've gathered everything gold and silver that I can get my little hands on. You'll see these elements pop up in lots of my projects so keep an eye out!

To Make This Project:

Supplies:
* Echo Park Paper "Head Over Heels" Collection
* Ornate White Frame
* Grey Washi Tape
* Gold Embossing Powder
* Versamark Stamping Ink
* Silhouette Die Cut Machine
* Feather Die Cut Shapes
* White Photo Corners
* White Doily
* White Crochet Twine
* Gold Tissue Paper
* Fringe Scissors

You can search for many of these items HERE in the 2Peas store.

Instructions:
This project is all about layering. Just a few simple banner shapes layered on top of one another make this project come together quickly. What makes this project special, however, are the elements of gold. For the bottom border, I cut a rectangle from gold tissue paper and then cut the bottom edge with fringe scissors (thanks for those, Martha Stewart). For the feathers, I die cut them from white cardstock and then covered them with clear Versamark stamping ink. I then embossed them with gold embossing powder for an additional "WOW" factor. Look for ways to incorporate some shine into your projects.

I love handmade items. Whenever I pass something in my home that either I or someone I care about has made, it makes me smile. It also reminds me of all the fun I had of creating the project. Sometimes what makes an item meaningful is the joy in the creative process. And that is just as important as the end result.

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...