Make It Meaningful #3: Me & You (capturing touch/affection)


Welcome back to another "Make It Meaningful" video hosted by Two Peas in a Bucket. This week all of the Garden projects focus on capturing special "moments." For me, I wanted to discuss ways to capture affection in your photographs and then how to include them on your layouts. Often affection is shown by touch. It can be a handshake, a hug, a high five, or even holding hands. These are the kinds of photos that I love including in my layouts.

Make It Meaningful #3: Capturing Touch

Here is the layout that I created this week. You can see I selected a photo of my two kids holding hands at Disneyland. This is one of my favorite photos from the trip as she was 16 at the time and he was 10. I will always cherish their love for one another.



You can watch the entire start-to-finish process HERE on the Two Peas Youtube channel or below:



Here are some close-up photos of the layout, which shows how I kept the general design simple but incorporated some large, dynamic items by using an accordion folded circle die cut (see video for how I create them):



You can find additional information about this project HERE on Two Peas.
Challenge:

This week's challenge is to first capture a relationship by photographing touch in some manner. It can be a high five, a hug, holding hands, or anything where one or more subject is in contact with another person. Then use those photos to create a layout. Make sure you share why that photo has meaning to you! Upload your project to the correct challenge gallery by next Thursday in order to qualify for the drawing. All challenge entries will due by January 

Bonus Project:

This week's bonus project is to simply take the accordion folded circles I showed you how to create in the video and  turn them into magnets. Then you can display all of your favorite "affection/touch" photos as you'd like.



Look for a new video coming next week! Next week we'll focus on capturing emotions in a mini album. You won't want to miss this project!

Below are the products I used (or you could use) to recreate this layout. Look for creative ways to incorporate gold. You can use any stamp shapes for the embossing project. If an item is sold out, see if you have something similar in your stash or search for something a little different in the Two Peas store.

Supplies (click photos for product information):



No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...