"Just Ask Jen" SCT Scrapbooking Process Video: Hawaii Mini Album


In this month's "Just Ask Jen" Scrapbooking Process Video, I'm sharing my tips and tricks for creating a quick and easy mini album. Here are the basic steps I use for these albums:

1. Pick an album with pages that are already predesigned (such as this "Daybook" album from American Crafts).
2. Purchase matching patterned paper, stickers and embellishments (such as the coordinating elements from the American Crafts "My Girl" collection).
3. Preplan the entire album including types of embellishments, sizes of photos, and basic journaling concepts.
4. Assemble the album in one sitting.

This process typically takes me about four hours to complete from start-to-finish if I follow this formula.

Here is the mini album I created:


And here are a few close--up photos of this project:




You can watch the start-to-finish scrapbooking process video HERE on the Scrapbook and Cards Magazine Today Youtube channel or below:



Mini albums like this are fantastic for vacations. You can even prep all of the work and take them with you. If you have an instant camera, it makes the design process even easier. Imagine coming home with an entirely completed album of your trip. Now that is a great way to instantly document your memories!

Suggested Products: (click the photos for links to the products used in this album or visit my blog for the complete supply list)
 


8 comments

  1. I love this Jen thanks for sharing. It makes me want to have a go at creating a mini album when I usually just create layouts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mini albums are a great way to document one specific event. I'd love to see what you make if you do try. :)

      Delete
  2. Anonymous6:39 PM

    Jen This was a great tutorial. I love the step by step process of creating the mini book. May i ask which program do you use for printing your photos. Thanks for sharing. K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use Photoshop, but you can also use any photo editing program or simply crop your 4x6 photos to the size that you need. :)

      Delete
  3. I am not a mini album person, but after watching you make this album...I think I might give it a try!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute mini! thanks for the video.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It took me a while to jump on the bandwagon but I love how many varieties there are and it's so easy to add fun accents to your pages or anything else you want with it. Shimmerz

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...