Memories Made #7: Everyday Moments (Focusing on One Collection)


Welcome back to my scrapbooking tutorial series called "Memories Made with Jen Gallacher." In this series I pick a memory I want to include in my scrapbooks. Then I'll create the layout start-to-finish all while sharing some tips and tricks for using the papers, embellishments, and products I've chosen.

Be sure to subscribe to my Youtube channel HERE to be notified of when I upload a brand new video. You don't want to miss out on any of these fun tutorials!

This week's memory: Time with My Son

This series of photos was taken inside a mall in the South. The mall was very humid, which made my lens a little foggy and the resulting photos a little grainy. Rather than print them at 4x6 in which you would notice the grain even more, I kept them around 3x4" and printed them as a photo series.



This week's technique: Focusing On One Collection. and Nesting Die Cut Shapes

Any time a manufacturer introduces a new product line, it is called a "collection." This may include a collection kit of papers and stickers, but it also includes a variety of embellishments and extra items that all match and follow the same theme. Using elements from the same collection makes the design process much easier.

This week I also wanted to show you how economical a nesting die cut set can be. Each of the hearts on this layout was cut with the same set. I cut the shapes from the "For the Record 2: Documented" 6x6" paper pad from Echo Park Paper. The smaller print on the 6x6" paper pad makes the die cuts even more interesting.

Here are the close up photos of this project:



You can watch the helpful, start-to-finish video tutorial HERE on my Youtube channel or below. Think about different nesting die cut shapes you could use (or create the same look by resizing one Silhouette shape over and over again). Learn how to disassemble a flower to add a brad as well:



Below I've suggested the products you might consider when creating a similar layout (including the products used on this layout). If an item is out of stock be sure to search for similar items by searching manufacturers' collections or by searching for the word "collection kit" to help you find exactly what you're looking for.

Suggested Products (click the photos for links to the products): 



4 comments

  1. Love, love, love this layout and the collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those papers and the collection was made for me! green and blue = MY FAV!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE those photo corners...where do you get them??

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...