Memories Made #3: Happiness (Mixing & Matching Products)


Welcome back to my scrapbooking tutorial series called "Memories Made with Jen Gallacher." In this series I pick a memory I want to include in my scrapbooks. Then I'll create the layout start-to-finish all while sharing some tips and tricks for using the papers, embellishments, and products I've chosen.

Be sure to subscribe to my Youtube channel HERE to be notified of when I upload a brand new video. You don't want to miss out on any of these fun tutorials!

This week's memory: Giving Advice

If you're the parent of a teenager then you know all about the eye-rolling, deep sigh technique they employ to tell you they don't need your advice, help, or interference. While my daughter and I have a pretty great relationship, I still get on her nerves from time to time. Whenever I come across a photo that isn't associated with a specific event, I try to add some journaling that is more emotion based.

In this case, I wanted to give her some advice on being happy. When else am I going to have her as a captive audience? Take the time to share your own little life tidbits when you can. Perhaps in reading your thoughts they will accept it a little better than a face-to-face conversation.



This week's technique: Mixing and Matching Products

Here are some close-up photos of the completed layout. You can see that I've mixed and matched products from many different manufacturers. This becomes easy when you first pick a multi-colored product such as the word patterned paper I've selected here. Then shop your stash for items in the same color family that match the theme and feeling of your layout.



You can watch the helpful, start-to-finish video tutorial HERE on my Youtube channel or below. Watch for ways I've incorporated products from different companies and how I layer them to achieve a "scene" for my layout:



Below I've suggested the products you might consider when creating a similar layout (including the products used on this layout). If an item is out of stock be sure to search for similar items by using words like "flower," or "chipboard" to help you find exactly what you're looking for.

Suggested Products (click the photos for links to the products):


No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...