Memories Made #1: Inbox Greetings


Welcome to a brand new scrapbooking tutorial series called "Memories Made with Jen Gallacher." In this series I'll pick a memory I want to include in my scrapbooks. Then I'll create the layout start-to-finish all while sharing some tips and tricks for using the papers, embellishments, and products I've chosen.

Be sure to subscribe to my Youtube channel HERE to be notified of when I upload a brand new video. You don't want to miss out on any of these fun tutorials!

This week's memory: Email Conversations

My nine year old son has recently learned to email. It's adorable, and I certainly wanted to capture our very first conversation. To do so, I printed out our conversation on cardstock (eliminating any sensitive information including both his and my email addresses). This serves as the journaling for the page. Then I added a photo of him that I love and added papers and embellishments that help to tell the story. Here is the layout I created in today's video:




And here are some close-up photos of the completed layout:



You can watch the helpful, start-to-finish video tutorial HERE on my Youtube channel or below. Watch for ways to dress up die cut titles, tips on how to create a border strip with stamping, and so much more!




I will be creating both 8 1/2 x 11" and 12 x 12" layouts in this series; although, you can approach the layout process in the same manner. Below I've suggested the products you might consider when creating a similar layout (including the products used on this layout). If an item is out of stock be sure to search for similar items by using words like "red paper," or "speech bubble" to help you find exactly what you're looking for.

I'm looking forward to sharing some of my favorite memories with you, as well as, share my insider tips and tricks for documenting these special events. I hope you'll join in on the fun!

Suggested Products (click the photos for links to the products):


Giveaway WINNER: Thanks to all of you who shared ideas for upcoming videos. I'm keeping a list of them so be sure to add additional subject ideas as you watch each week's video. The winner of the Pink Paislee die cut package and the Hero Arts Frame Cuts is . . .



I will email the winner directly to obtain their shipping information!

13 comments

  1. Linda Hofacker4:52 AM

    I love your creativity! Thanks so much for sharing your video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great project and video! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great debut video and layoutfor this new series. Love your style. Thanks so much for doing this new series. I am already looking forward to next week, although I will be rewatching this installment a couple of times least :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:18 AM

    Thank you so much for so generously sharing your amazing talent. My 9 yr. old granddaughter has started emailing us and I see a scraplift in my near future. Looking forward to what else you have in store for us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great project. Looking forward to the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always love your videos, love this idea of documenting emails :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. JLBOhio12:37 PM

    Great start to the new series! Love the page!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kelly4:25 PM

    Great page. I'm excited to see the rest of the videos. Thank you for doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a darling layout and a great topic to document! Love your title and the addition of the 3 little hexagons on the bottom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this idea of documenting email conversations. So inspired right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a great layout. I love the colours and the placement and the video is wonderful as always.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous9:49 PM

    Such a great idea and LO. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE THIS! My 10 year old just started emailing his grandma and me...definitely going to do a layout :)

    Thank you Jen for offering this series to us! Looking forward to getting back to scrapping with some great inspiration weekly!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...