Happy Valentine's Event Day #4: Valentine Card


Welcome to Day #4 of the "Happy Valentine's" FREE blog event that I'm hosting this week. If you haven't already seen the other projects, be sure to read through my older posts so you don't miss out on any of the fun!

Today I wanted to create a layered Valentine card. The trick with layering is to use lots of textures and elements. Another trick to layering is knowing when to stop. I try to always leave a little bit of white space (empty space) on my projects and you can see below that the upper, left corner of this project does just that. Here is the card I created for you today:



Below is the complete start-to-finish tutorial video for creating this card. You can also watch it HERE on my Youtube channel.



I've suggested several Valentine themed and non-themed products for recreating this card. Use what you have on hand and then mix in some new products to keep it fresh.

Suggested Products (click the photos for product information):



6 comments

  1. Hi, Jen! I love this card - the colors and elements are so pretty together. The tip for getting equal notches on the paper strip is one I've never seen and I will definitely be using that idea. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! I love the layers and details! Great tips too on layering! My problem is knowing when enough is enough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. VERY pretty and LOVE the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that card, all those layers are perfect. Tranks for the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Jen, I am really enjoying this series and learning a lot!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...