Seasonal Sampler Day #6: Holiday Cards + VIDEO


Welcome to Day #6 of the "Seasonal Sampler" FREE Blog event. Let's talk holiday cards. It's highly likely no matter how much of a crafter you claim to be that you're going to be making holiday cards this year. Making handmade cards is a special way to say you care. I've created several cards, and I've even shared a few already here on my blog. If you missed my "Christmas Card" 10 day video event, be sure to catch all 10 cards and VIDEOS here! (Here's a peek at one in case you missed it the first time!)



I thought I'd share a few more ideas on creating holiday cards today.

Christmas Card Set with Little Yellow Bicycle

Christmas Card Set with LYB

Santa Card with LYB

Foil Card with LYB

"Christmas Card Bonus Card"

I saved one card from my "Christmas Card" session for today's blog post. In this video, I'm using the Bo Bunny "Mistletoe" Christmas line, which is full of traditional reds and greens but also a touch of cool blue. It's a fun collection, and I wanted to share this additional Christmas Card idea with you. Here's the card I created in this video:


And here is the helpful start-to-finish video featuring this card:



Below you will find additional suggestions for creating holiday cards. Use what you already have on hand or adapt one of the above ideas to create your own version.

Challenge: Create a holiday card. Upload it to your favorite online gallery or personal blog. Then link me to the completed project in the comments section below. Be sure to include your email (in code if you prefer) so I can contact you if you win! All entries are due by Sunday, November 25th. Winners will be announced on November 26th here on my blog so be sure to check back then!

Product Suggestions (click photos for links to the products):





7 comments

  1. These are some very cute cards! I'm in the mood to make a couple now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cards are cute... your video is marked private...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make amazing cards! Love them all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's my holiday card: http://www.flickr.com/photos/javi-michele/8193757351/in/photostream

    email: duffyma_1999 {at} yahoo {dot} com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love making christmas cards. Here are two christmas cards : http://www.colorful-journal.com/2012/11/tis-the-season-to-be-jolly/

    My email: andreagarland(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here is one of my Christmas cards I have made so far this year.

    http://cissidilnotsmith.blogspot.se/2012/11/christmas-card.html

    am_cecilia@yahoo.se

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Thanks for sharing your wonderful cards!
    I've been busy making some cards for the Cards that Care drive. I think this one is a nice one using a sketch from Becky Fleck's PageMaps 2:
    http://pinterest.com/pin/257479303667556253/
    Thanks for all the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...