Day #3: Altered School Supplies


I happen to love shopping for school supplies. I love it when the local stores start stocking up on notebooks, pencils, crayons, and markers. I try to shop when items are at their lowest: 19 cents for a notebook? Sold! While I could grab pretty much any folder or notebook, I actually try to plan ahead and shop with a color scheme or style in mind.

For this shopping trip, I was thinking "teen girl" and went with a pink and black color scheme. These items were purchased both from Target and Walmart and easily match. By selecting one color scheme and a certain style (in this case "sophisticated"), everything I get can easily match:


Here are some additional school supplies to inspire you. Look for a style that meets your child's needs--sophisticated, funky, playful, colorful, functional. Here are some school supplies in some fun color schemes and styles to help inspire you:

Source: Target


Source: Target

Source: Target

While shopping for cool supplies is rewarding in and of itself, as a papercrafter I'm not content to leave items as they are. I like to add a personal touch to the things that I buy. Below you will find some of the items pictured above with a fresh layer of personalization.



Composition Book: Covered it with patterned paper and glitter paper. Die cut two small, layered flowers and added gem centers. Added a title with American Crafts alphabet stickers. Wrapped grey ribbon around the book and tied into a bow.
Pencil Box: Wrapped pink Amy Tangerine paper around the box. Added a strip of glitter paper. Wrapped grey ribbon around the box and tie it into a bow. Added a white leaf and a stem of glittered leaves.
Magnet Board: Cut a flower shape from black viny with my Silhouette machine. Covered the magnets with scallop circles punched from glittery paper. Added black buttons tied with white crochet twine.
Challenge: Alter a basic school supply with items found in your papercrafting stash. Show me what you've created. (Upload it to the Monday blog post to be entered in the drawing for a $25 2Peas Gift Certificate!) I can't wait to see what you've created.

5 comments

  1. These turned out so cute! My daughter would love something like this for her locker. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...