Sunday, August 12, 2012
Day #1: Back-to-School Blog Event Welcome and Challenge!
Welcome to the "Back-to-School" blog event! I have lots of fun things planned over the course of the next two weeks. Check back each day for a new projects, fresh ideas, and lots of fun. Below you can watch the "Welcome Video," which includes a preview of items you'll see in the next two weeks.
To launch this fun event, I wanted to issue a challenge to each of you!
1. Use one of the projects or inspiration ideas during the course of the next two week to create your own "Back-to-School" project. Only ONE entry per person please!
2. Upload your project to your favorite online gallery (2Peas, Flickr, your personal blog, etc.)
3. Click the froggie button below to add your project to the gallery below.
4. Clicking the button will require you to:
a) Add your blog URL or your flickr page.
b) Add your name (it will be displayed under the thumbnail if you selected so in the dashboard).
c) Add your email so I can communicate with you if need be.
d) Press “Next step” to choose a picture from the blog/flickr page you entered in.
5. After following the steps in #4, you should see your project. Please email me at email@example.com if you have any issues, and I will attempt to figure out the problem.
If for some reason the challenge upload doesn't work, simply upload your complete project to your favorite gallery. Then link me to the completed project in the comments section below.
Prize: $25 2Peas Gift Certificate
One challenge participant will be randomly selected to win a $25 Gift Card to www.twopeasinabucket.com. I will leave the challenge gallery/links in THIS blog post open until Sunday, September 2 at midnight MDT (Mountain Daylight Time) so you have an extra week to upload your completed projects. I'll announce the winner on Monday, September 3 here on the blog. Prize will be sent via 2Peas so please make sure you are signed up as a member of that site. Please include your email so I can contact you if you won.
Today's Project: "Teacher Treat Jar"
Today I wanted to share a little jar that you can create for a teacher gift. This small paint can is filled with candy. The outside of the can is decorated with elements from the Carta Bella Paper "Alphabet Junction" collection. Look for lines that have educational symbols like the alphabet found throughout this darling collection which will be shipping to stores soon!
Here is the collection kit cover for "Alphabet Junction." This collection works well both for boys and girls:
Challenge: Create your own version either for motivating kids to complete their homework, or as a special gift for your child's new teacher!