Altered Items & Home Decor Pieces

I absolutely love how I initially started scrapbooking, then learned to make cards, and then fell in love with creating home decor items using my paper crafting supplies. I think the craft crossover between sewing, stamping, card making, memory keeping, and so many other arts has been so exciting. After 15+ years in the industry, it's been eye-opening to see how the craft has changed and grown and morphed into so many different ways to express ourselves. What a rewarding job I have!

I wanted to share a few of my more recent projects with you starting with this fun receipt tray from 7 Gypsies that I altered. I love grid design so of course I totally fell for this darling little hanging tray. I created several little rectangles starring my little niece, Amelia, whom I miss like crazy as she lives in another state. Now I can smile at her sweet face all day with this completed home decor piece:


Collection Source: For the Record 2 "Documented"

Sometimes I just want a piece that perks up my office a bit, so I painted a flowerpot black, painted some wooden dowels green, and then glued on some accordion folded flowers I created with my scor-board. So quick and easy and so fun to change out with the seasons if I so desire:


Collection Source: For the Record 2 "Tailored"

I often create a project with a certain person in mind. This altered letter will be perfect for a little girl or boy's room. This collection from Carta Bella Paper "Alphabet Junction" is just darling and works well for children, school, and baby projects.


Collection Source: Alphabet Junction

7 Gypsies Receipt Tray Supplies (click the photos for links to the products):



Flower Pot Supplies (click the photos for links to the products):



Altered Letter Supplies (click the photo for links to the products):




4 comments

  1. I just love that tray, beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all great, but that tray has me drooling! I am so in love with this line and you did a fabulous job with it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photo-tray is one of the sweetest things I've seen. Really.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My grandmother has a number of large furniture pieces and home decor items which we would like to sell. Most of the furniture pieces are large wooden items that were handmade. Other than hauling these things to the Antique Roadshow tv program or trolling ebay.com, where can we look to price and/or directly sell these items? We would even be willing to have someone come in to look at all the pieces.
    Bathroom Remodeling Arlington VA

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...