Taking It In

Funny how I'll be doing something and think, "Oh, I need to ask Mark about that." And then I remember. It still happens with Joey. There are movies and video games and toys that I keep thinking, "Oh, Joey would like that." Parenting doesn't stop. Ever. I'm assuming, since none of my children are grown, that those feelings are similar for children who leave the nest. (And can I just confess here that I wish that never had to happen.) People we love are always with us in some form or another. And I keep thinking about Joey and Mark doing things together in heaven, and for just a minute, it makes me smile.


On the work front, I had a layout go up in the 2Peas gallery yesterday. I wanted to document my son's little "Lollipop Race." It's one of those moments that when captured on film actually brings tears to my eyes because it was so sweet. He was so excited as a preschooler when he heard that he was going to run a race at his big sister's track meet. He lined up and took off like a shot when the gun went off, but halfway through the race when other children crossed the finish line he came running back to his Dad. It took his Dad and I a minute to realize that he thought only one person could win and everyone else had to stop. So Brett walked him down to the finish line where he was presented with his very own sucker for finishing. (Of course, five minutes later he dropped it in the dirt--but it was still adorable.) You can find the layout and the supplies here.






And now I may take a nap. I have a sore throat this morning. I hope I'm not getting Katelyn's cold. :(

2 comments

  1. What a super sweet layout Jen. It's such a precious memory!

    I can relate a little about things coming up that make you think of Mark and Joey. My Granny passed away 3 years ago and that still happens sometimes for me. Especially now, when the leaves are changing their colors. It was her favorite time of the year and each time I see a really beautiful new color, I think of how much she would've loved to have seen it...

    Hugs to you. I hope you start feeling better soon. :)
    - April W

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping you aren't getting sick...love the lollipop race story...priceless.

    I'm a firm believer that even if you lose a child on this earth you are always raising them in your heart. My thoughts and prayers continue to be with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...