The Stamps of Life Extra Release

Having fun playing with my friend Stephanie Barnard's beautiful stamp sets. For the mid-month release we got to select if we wanted to play with the extra sets. I chose a darling 4th of July set (I'm a sucker for stars).

This first card I was thinking of the Old Navy t-shirts for the 4th of July each year and how cute it would make as a baby onesie so I used my Silhouette machine to cut the onesie. I machine stitched the onesie to create sleeve and bottom hems. And then I added some details. I think this was my favorite project of all four of them because it turned out exactly how I pictured it in my head.



Supplies:
* Cardstock: Bazzil, Provo Craft
* Pattern Paper: My Little Shoebox
* Photo corners: Canson
* Ribbon: Li'l Davis Designs
* Stamps: The Stamps of Life
* Stamping Ink: Memento, Stampin' Up
* Button: American Crafts
* Twine: Craft Supply

This next one is a typical 4th of July card. But I added some fun techniques. I used the solid circle star stamp to stamp within the pattern paper, which were just open circles. Then I pop dotted my star stamp and added star pins. So fun!



Supplies:
* Cardstock: Provo Craft
* Pattern Paper: Bo Bunny Press, American Crafts, October Afternoon
* Border punch: Fiskars
* Ribbon: Pebbles, Inc.
* Buttons: American Crafts
* Twine: Craft Supply
* Stamps: The Stamps of Life
* Stamping Ink: Michael's, Stampin' Up
* Star pins: Fancy Pants

This next card uses muted versions of the red, white, and blue 4th of July theme. I added subtle stamping to the checkerboard pattern paper with a tan ink pad. I love the look of stamping on pattern paper. My sewing machine is having issues so I just stitched without thread on the top of the card for added interest.



Supplies:
* Cardstock: Bazzill, Prism
* Pattern Paper: Creative Cafe, October Afternoon, Vintage Book paper
* Photo corners: Canson
* Stamps: The Stamps of Life
* Stamping Ink: Stampin' Up
* Twine: craft supply
* Button: Making Memories
* Red safety pins: Making Memories
* Button: American Crafts
* Pearl stickers: Hero Arts

The last project is a fun treat bag to take to a neighbor and friend (which I have already delivered). I wanted to show how you can use this set with non-traditional colors. Because of the "you're a star" circle stamp and stars in a variety of sizes and styles, this set can be used in many ways. I LOVE that! I die cut the large folded label with a Quickutz die cut. Then I stamped the sentiment circle and star circle stamps and punched them out. I added a star stamp to the center and mounted the entire thing on a punched scallop circle. I punched holes through the bag, the folded label, and the scallop circle and tied the entire bag off with ribbon.



Supplies:
* Cardstock: Bazzill, Provo Craft
* Pattern paper: Pebbles, Inc.
* Die Cut: Quickutz
* Scallop punch: Marvy Uchida
* Circle punch: McGill
* Stamps: The Stamps of Life
* Stamping Ink: Stampin' Up
* Ribbon: Li'l Davis Designs
* Treat bag: craft supply

There are additional sets available on The Stamps of Life website. You really should check them out. Stephanie has a great eye for fun designs! And be sure to check out the gallery for the other design team members' fabulous ideas.





1 comment

  1. I've always been a fan but only recently found your blog! I love your style and these cards are fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...