Do You Struggle to Learn New Skills?

Sometimes I struggle to learn new skills. I feel like a sieve. I capture some of what the teacher is telling me, but a lot doesn't make it into my brain. It's like I can only take in so much and then I'm done and my brain shuts down. I think that's why I often prefer a hands-on approach to a class. I want "do" while the teacher is teaching. This year I flew out to Denver to film with an incredible teaching platform called Craftsy. This online learning platform is geared at those of who prefer to watch the teacher and then do.



How the website works is that you purchase a class and then you can watch the lesson videos. We filmed it very thoughtfully so there are stopping points where you can pause the video and give any of my techniques and tips a try. You can ask questions at any point during the videos, and Craftsy lets me know at what point in the video you had a question. You can also upload and share your own projects and I am notified that you have so I can see what you're making.

It's a great resource if you're looking for a way to learn at your own pace. And here's the thing. It's 100% satisfaction guaranteed! That's incredible. If you find you don't like a class, they want to know.


www.craftsy.com/ext/JenGallacher_4997_D

Click HERE to learn more about this class!

Beyond teaching my scrapbooking class called "Scrapbook Design and Storytelling: Beyond the Basics," I'm taking a few classes. One I've been watching and learning from is an incredible photography class. The teacher clearly understands I need to be walked through the process, and so far it's been a great class to learn more about my DSLR camera. There are also classes on sewing, cooking, baking, crocheting, and MUCH more. So many things to learn!

* Basics of Digital Photography with Rick Allred

Many of my fellow paper crafters are also teaching at Craftsy. Here are a few classes you might consider checking out:

* Fun and Fast Scrapbooking by Lisa Andrews
* Travel Scrapbooking by Amy Tam
* Fresh Techniques for Artful Layouts by Wilna Furstenburg
* Celebrating Everyday Moments with Aly Dosdall
* Cards with Dimension with Danielle Flanders
* Gorgeous Greeting Cards: Stamping and Beyond with Nichol Magourik

And look for Paige Evans' class coming soon! I'm a big fan of her work and can't wait to see what she teaches. She gave a little hint in a recent photo, and I'm guessing it has something to do with the Silhouette machine. She really rocks that machine!

If you have any questions about my class or how the Craftsy platform works, be sure to ask me. If you're a hands-on learner, this really is a great option for you because you can watch and do at your own leisure. This weekend, they're having a really fabulous sale.

Click HERE to learn more!

http://www.craftsy.com/ext/JenGallacher_holiday

A portion of the sales from the links included here help to pay for the class I created. I hope you enjoy the classes as much as I am!

2 comments

  1. I just signed up for your Scrapbook Design and Storytelling: Beyond the Basics class, last week! As I've haven't scrapped in quite some time (I keep meaning to dive in but something else comes up!) I was very excited to see this pop up in my inbox, so I took the chance! I've always enjoyed your classes at 2peas, so I'm hoping the format doesn't scare me ;) I've only watched the first two videos, and so far so good!
    And I had just seen the sale email a bit ago, so I'll check some of the others out too!
    Thanks Jen :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carolyn! How fun. I can't wait to see you in the class. I'm so glad you're playing along. :) Thank you for letting me know.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...