Not a Creature Was Stirring

Christmas Eve. How is this already here? Wasn't I just putting up the tree? Wasn't I just standing in line purchasing the first gift of the season? Wasn't I just setting up my Pandora holiday tunes station?



With all the hustle and bustle of the holiday season, mixed in with the end-of-the-year school rush, adding a dash of tradeshow preparations and a husband who works in the retail industry our December is crazy-sauce.

And now the day is here. The day when I do my best to slow things down, to savor the moments, to cling to the hope that the holiday spirit will finally descend upon our home.

We'll probably watch a movie or two. If we're really ambitious we might make some cookies for Santa. And then it's highly likely that we'll read the Nativity Story from the Bible (this used to involve a full-on play with the hubster serving as a wiseman, a shepherd, and the donkey to carry Mary).

What holiday traditions do you share? What makes today (and tomorrow) special for you and yours?



I hope today and tomorrow are as magical as they can be. Stay safe, healthy, and may you feel the spirit of the holiday no matter how you celebrate.

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas from my family to yours!

9 comments

  1. Merry Christmas, Jen. I think the holiday snuck up on us a little too quickly this year. I was so not prepared. As the years go by, the girls' and Greg are less and less involved or wanting to partake in any festivities. :( I am so glad I still have a little one who believes in magic of Christmas. But those days are short lived. That sweet little boy just turned 8 a few weeks ago, so I know I only have a few years left. Wishing you and your family a wonderful holiday. {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to you and yours Jen! I love your pretty white tree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. merry Christmas to you and your familly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas to you and your family too. I had a lovely day, and enjoyed sharing it with my family. We have no littles here now, so it is a slower, more relaxed day. Having family that was able to come for the day made it special. Hope you have a wonderful new year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. الزهور الأرجواني تعبر عن الحب أولا، الحب تعويذة، زهر البرتقال يعبر عن العاطفة والعديد من الزهور والورود الأخرى التي لها دلالة.
    ورد وهدايا اونلاين

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of the points you have made.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope to give something back and help others like you aided me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a really very informative article, there is no doubt about it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing this article with us. This is very nice of you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...