Make It Meaningful: Summer Mini Album

Today I wanted to share a project that's easy to make but also fun to display. We all have certain summer activities we participate in each year. For us it was swimming lessons for many years. For this album, I created a swimming lessons album with a summer theme. This summer scrapbook mini album comes together very easily.


To start this project, I used an Ikea Tolsby Frame. I chose this frame because by removing the frame insert I can easily place a flip album inside the opening. To create the album, I used the Echo Park Paper "Summer Adventure" mini theme, which has the perfect sized journaling cards to serve as the base for this album.



For the inside of the album I used both photos and the cards, along with some embellishments from my stash. I didn't decorate the back side of the album pages because when displayed it would be difficult to see the back of the page.



I then punched holes in the tops of each card and threaded them onto two navy blue rings. I attached the rings to the top of the frame and added some brightly colored ribbon. Here's a close-up look of the bottom of the frame which I also decorated.


Below are some of the products I used to create this project.



Suggested Product List (click photos for links):


2 comments

  1. What a great idea. I love the way the EP papers coordinate with the frame. Who goes to IKEA, sees a frame and says "hey I can make a mini-book out of that...." You rock girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh This is a really cute album I've never seen one like this before. This was a very clever and creative idea. Making mini albums are so much fun because they are usually themed and that's fun and they are easy to share or give as gifts. TFS I so agree with Tamara YOU ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...