When Did Your Hobby Become a Job?



This week I had the pleasure of serving on a panel for Paperclipping Roundtable again. This popular scrapbooking podcast addresses and discusses all kinds of memory keeping subjects. This week we discussed how working in the industry changes our hobby from a passion to a job.

Listen in HERE!

What a fantastic topic! I started working in the industry not long after I started scrapbooking so for me it always has been a job.

Here's a little peek into my job history:

* PaperKuts Magazine: Writer/Designer
* Li'l Davis Designs: Designer, Convention Worker
* Karen Foster Design: Designer
* C-Thru Ruler Company/Deja Views: Designer
* Little Yellow Bicycle: Designer, Catalog Photographer
* Making Memories: Designer
* Scraptalk.com: Designer
* Savannah Scrapbooking: Teacher
* Roberts Crafts: Teacher
* Inque Boutique: Designer
* The Stamps of Life: Designer
* Creativexpress.com: Nth Degree Co-host
* Northridge Publishing: Assistant Editor, Video Instructor
* Two Peas In a Bucket: Garden Girl (Designer)
* Echo Park/Carta Bella Paper: Marketing Coordinator
* Scrapbook and Cards Magazine: Video Instructor

After 17 years, my hobby has become a full-time job. I write, edit, photograph, design, and manage marketing for 8 hours a day. And then when my full day's work is done, then I do freelance jobs for myself and others.

I LOVE what I do. And while after eight hours, I'm mentally done for the day I can say that I spend the day in some way documenting my family's memories. What more could I possibly ask for? I'm one lucky girl.

What about you? Are you crafting or scrapbooking as a job or as a hobby? I'd love to hear.

If you'd like to listen into the podcast I recorded with Noell, Lain Ehmann, and Erin Bassett, be sure to check it out HERE.

3 comments

  1. Scrapbooking is my hobby. It keeps me sane. I am a consumer and not a gifted producer of crafting or scrapbooking ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing such valuable content. I would love to see more valuable content from you.
    You can also visit our site for more information
    https://hvacmarketingxperts.com/services/hvac-seo-services/
    Regards
    David

    ReplyDelete
  3. pg slot game แบบใหม่ปัจจุบัน ของโลก สมัครเล่น PG SLOT วันนี้รับโบนัส แรกเข้า 100% โดยทันที โบนัส 50% สำหรับสมาชิกใหม่ ด้วยความพิเศษของ พีจีสล็อต ที่มีลักษณะของการเล่นที่ง่าย

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...