Diary of a Memory Keeper #8: How Does Your Family Feel about Your Scrapbooking?



In this week's episode, I'm discussing how my family feels about my scrapbooking hobby (habit). While they do appreciate the end result, sometimes the in-between gets a little hairy. (Watch the video to see why.)

You can watch the video HERE on my Youtube channel or below:



Be sure join my Youtube channel to view all of my latest videos. You can find my channel HERE.

This week, I'm also participating in an exciting blog series that debunks several of the common scrapbooking myths.



This week-long blog hop, will include articles from popular scrapbookers on a variety of topics. Read through the list below to see what we will cover each day. I will be back tomorrow to discuss perfection a little bit (something I struggle with a great deal). I'm looking forward to reading what the other designers have to say. I hope you'll consider joining us!

August 4 - Paige Evans
A scrapbooking page SHOULD always have a story and lots of journaling
August 5 - Ashli Oliver
Scrapbook pages SHOULD be fast and simple to just get them done
August 6 - Jen Gallacher
Scrapbook pages SHOULD look perfect
August 7 - Melissa Shanhun
Digital scrapbook pages should look as much like a paper page as possible
August 8 - Ashley Calder
Scrapbooking SHOULD be done *this* way
August 9 - Caroline Davis
A scrapbooker SHOULD scrapbook FOR her family
August 10 - Lisa Harris
Scrapbooking SHOULD be a legacy for the scrapbooker's family
August 11 - Connie Hanks
A scrapbooker SHOULD follow the trends and be aware of what others think of her pages
A scrapbooker SHOULD scrapbook chronologically
August 13 - Nancy Gaines
Scrapbooking SHOULD be 12x12 traditional paper pages
August 14 - Cara Vincens
A scrapbooker SHOULD always be caught up

4 comments

  1. I scrapbook because I LOVE it!!! I love preserving memories and chronicalling life. Luckily my husband and children support it, my youngest daughter brings me home memorabilia from everything she does, my youngest son commented one day how lucky he was that I scrapbooked and that every mother should :). My kids when younger, would pour over their albums now they catch up on them whenever they come home to visit. My husband very patiently supports me by building me craft/scrapbook rooms, accompanying me to store after store and has even been known to pick out paper. I am so blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:28 PM

    My kids not only love my scrapbooks the eldest 2(now in their 20's) have asked me to make special scrapbooks just for them. My eldest, a tattoo artist in his spare time and a baker the rest of the time, asked me to make a cook book scrapbook full of Nanny's recipes for one passion and a tattoo scrapbook of all his tattoo's for the other. My younger son is possibly the most supportive of the 3, he has a good eye for detail and is my biggest critic, he wont hesitate to tell me when a layout isn't quite right. And Miss 8, well she just loves looking at photos of herself lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My family is very supportive but they do love to tease me that I mainly shop for scrapbooking and watch videos of OTHER people scrapbooking. My DH was actually the one who got me into this hobby. When we were first together, I had a very numbers related job and wanted a creative outlet. He went to Archiver's and researched what you really need to start scrapbooking and got me some things for Christmas. :) He's such a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The past few years I have been dealing with parents being ill. To make matters worst I also have a very stressful job, ICU nurse. Scrapbooking has been my therapy. I can get lost in my paper crafting until wee hours of the morning. My family sees the benefit and is very supportive. They also enjoy looking at my pages.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...