Farmhouse Fun

My good friend and neighbor sometimes invites us down to her in-laws' farm. My kids are always fascinated by the acres of freedom they have to enjoy, the horses frollicking in the field, and the little stream that bubbles through the property. As my grandparents owned a farm for many years, I'm quite familiar with the in's and out's of farm life (I fondly remember planting potatoes, and hunting for ripe raspberries, and feeding the kittens in the cow barn).

I appreciate my friend's willingness to share this part of her life, and I laugh when my kids take a "field trip" out to local farms. Although they are growing up quite happy in suburbia, it's good for them to get a taste of other lifestyles including life on the farm.

This layout was a product focus assignment for 2Peas, in which I had the opportunity to play with the "Farmhouse" line from Crate Paper. What drew me to this paper was the bright colors and playful patterns. Although this line speaks to my previous visits to the farm, it also works well with contemporary photos and memories.

I added a little dimension with fringe scissors (my new "go to" tool) and by die cutting several hearts and stapling and folding them together. Make a little "noise" on your layouts by having things pop!


You can find additional photos for this project here at 2Peas.

Here is the supply list (as well as, additional "Farmhouse" products for those interested in exploring this line):

5 comments

  1. This is so cool!! How fun for your kids. Makes me think, I should have my DD's friend's mother take a photo next time DD spends the night. They live on a dairy farm and put her to work right along with her friend. Need photos!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun page Jenn! Happy colors and happy pictures. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this spread! think i need some of this paper! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. REALLY like how you used the paper on this page--fits right along with a farm theme--LOVE how you included journaling a long with your wonderful page!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely LO! I love this collection - just picked some up from 2Peas ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...