Over the River, and Through the Woods

So we're still watching the river closely. Apparently we still have over 200 percent of the snowpack still to melt. Thankfully it's still quite chilly here (only in the mid 50's here), which is helping keep the river low, but the rain is NOT helping.

Here's a photo of our typically docile river (that jutty of dirt that sticks out is typically not even close to having water near it:


And this is a photo of how the river has covered the walking path under the bridge (as of today the river is actually flowing right over the top of it rather than spilling over the top):


We'll see how it goes. Being prepared for an emergency always make me less anxious, but there are still some things I'd like better organized in case we see a huge increase in the flow. Today, I'm not worried. It's when the weather around here heats up, which it almost always does quickly and almost without warning. It's never dull around here, is it?

2 comments

  1. TracieClaiborne8:18 PM

    I didn't realize there were flooding issues where you lived too. I live in the South and it's a mess! I am so ready for it to warm up tomorrow. It's been in the 50's and low 60's and tomorrow it's going back to the 80's! So glad! I've been freezing for weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll say a prayer for you, Jen!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...