We've Been Busy!

Sometimes I totally think I have a handle on things, and then I realize I never really did. Sigh. It's the truth, though. Things are crazy busy around here. In fact, I awoke at 2:45 a.m. this morning and decided that I might as well start working. Yeah. It's just that crazy.

One reason things are crazy is that the big scrapbook tradeshow CHA is right around the corner. And while that means a house full of new scrapbooking goodies, it also means lots and lots and lots of work. I only wish the tradeshow happened in February and September. Those months are pretty easy for me. LOL! Instead I'm crunching in June and December during times when I'd, frankly, rather be playing with my kids. Oh well. They certainly aren't awake needing anything at 5:30 a.m. in the morning are they? Hee, hee.

Another reason we've been busy is that my ever amazing husband ran his second marathon in 4:30. I'm super proud of him. He has trained like crazy, and had a great buddy (thanks, Adam) to cheer him on and run with him this past Saturday. The poor runners got dumped on as a huge rain storm came through, but it kept the weather much cooler than it could have been. I am super proud of him, but who in their right mind wants to run 26.2 miles? I mean seriously?!!! The kids and I got to the finish line as he hit the 25th mile mark so we timed it perfectly to see him cross. (In fact, I almost missed him because I was going to run to the bank really quick. Glad I didn't!)

Here's the boy watching for his dad:



Here's Brett coming around to the finish line:



Here's Brett crossing the finish line (see that great time):



Here's Brett with the kids right afterwards (I can't believe he's even smiling):



And here's the boy who thinks the medal should be his. LOL!



What a great accomplishment, babe!

6 comments

  1. Can't wait to see all the goodies you create for CHA. Congrats to your hubby, what a great job! I cannot understand why anyone would run that far on purpose either! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the biggest smile I've seen on Brett in a long time! What a stud!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww, big congrats to your hubby! I do 1/2's and my hubby does full-marathons so I know what it takes to do this!!! and I'll let you in on a little runners secret, sometimes at the end of a long race we love to have it rain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to your hubby Jen great job... Jen I saw over on the bo bunny blog that you hoard the dbl. dot paper as i do too lol... I was wondering if you might know where to buy it bulk by the pack? Thanks so much...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I buy it from Archiver's. I don't believe they sell it in bulk, but I always stock up when I'm there. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...