Penny Black

I was asked to design a card and a layout for Penny Black, a fabulous stamping company with lovely designs. I was thrilled to play along!

I wanted a lot of techniques for this layout. I stamped this background stamp on white cardstock and punched it out with the Making Memories punch to create a tag. I "kissed off" the butterfly from the "Illumination" stamp and then added a sentiment from this stamp in green ink. I also made that stamp into a tag. I used the same "enjoy life" stamp to create a long border strip in blue. I used the little flower on this set to create a background on the tan cardstock. I inked only the bottom part of this stamp to create the yellow label stamped image. I inked the fern from this stamp with green ink to stamp on the green strip. And I repeatedly stamped this stamp to create the pink border. This layout contains NO pattern paper and yet it looks as if it does. Stamping on cardstock with different techniques you can create your own looks.



On this card I stamped the flower stamp from this set several times with Versamark ink and then embossed it with clear embossing powder. I used markers to color the flower on the "Illumination" stamp set and stamped it twice. I used the "today, tomorrow, . . ." stamp from this set for my blue border. I then cut it cut and mounted it overlapping just a bit on the card. I stamped this background stamp twice on my rust strip to create a longer border (having a cut out cling stamp makes this easy to do). I inked the "thinking of you" sentiment from this stamp with two different colors of markers and stamped onto some canvas for the sentiment.



You can find more beautiful ideas from additional designers any time on the Penny Black blog.

3 comments

  1. These projects are amazing! I'm so happy to be on the Penny Black DT with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jennifer,
    I have seen your beautiful work at Two Peas and was delighted to see you are on the Penny Black DT. So happy to be working in the company of you.
    Fondly,Kathy
    Hope you son is feeling better

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jennifer, I like your beautiful projects. So clean and cute. I am so happy to be in the Penny Black DT with you.
    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...