Spring Break Day #3-#5!

Day 3: Was spent going to see The Chipmunks Squeakquel movie at the $1 theatre. Then we went to Nickel City where all games are about $.50. Cheap day but the kids LOVED it.

Day 4: Weeding, weeding, weeding the entire yard. And it never seemed so big before. Hot shower, ibuprofen, and a heating pad on my arms just to get to sleep.



Day 5: Raking, raking, raking the entire yard.



And my arms feel like they're going to fall off. But then this arrived, and so did the neighbors:



And within about 2 1/2 hours, we have this!!




I am so blessed to live with such great neighbors. I lifted and helped for about 20 minutes, and then I tried one more piece of sod, and I dropped it at my feet. My arms were gone. I don't know what we would have done if these uninvited, amazing people hadn't just shown up. One of our neighbors even brought his backhoe. I really am blessed!

Here's what is left:




And now I'm going to spend the rest of the day doing laundry, preparing a lesson for church, and playing catch up on my work.

And I'll take some more ibuprofen. OUCH!!

3 comments

  1. Great job with the grass sod! Thai is HARD work.
    Years ago, I put down a pallet of sod all by myself...but that was before kids...I was much younger and had so much more energy! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! Unfortunately, we have the latter look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wahoo!!! there's nothing like getting the beautiful, green sod all in to make the yard welcoming...the 1st 2 weeks of no walking on it was hard for me! :)
    our neighborhood is awesome! :) hope you don't need that ibuprofen much longer! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...