Back to Work

Ok, so after the grueling garage sale and the recovery effort, I'm back at work today. Working on some projects for an upcoming book I am contributing to--shhhh it's a secret. Can't tell you who it's for or the VERY awesome designer that's writing it. I'm just so happy to be involved.

Over the weekend, I went to a crop and got a lot done. I used to hall a bunch of photos and papers and such. That was just too unproductive and I would stare at things the entire time and accomplish nothing. Now I start a bunch of projects. I gather products and do nearly everything at home before I go. Then I leave about 5-6 steps that I can finish at the crop and take all the product to that there. That means I pre-print my journaling. Print my photos for the right size. And then almost assemble everything beforehand to make sure I have it. I pack everything up for that project inside a sheet protector and then bring basic supplies: cutter, adhesive, pencil, etc. At Saturday's crop I completed 2 cards, 1 frame, 1 layout, and 2 altered projects done all in a 5 hour crop. It's a much better way to spend my time.

One of the fun kits that I got to work with at the crop is the Mix-It Up KOTM from Creating Keepsakes. This has to be one of my favorite kits ever. I am drawn to happy colors and die cut images. This kit has foam letters, chipboard die cuts, acetate images, and chipboard colored images. It is both playful and sophisticated.


Here is a frame I created using the rainbow border strip, a chipboard flower, and the chipboard title: 24 Seven. I printed a long line of tiny photos that mean something special to me and mounted them at the bottom of the frame. I didn't use the glass so you could really see the dimension of the chipboard pieces. I love the 70's retro feel to this frame. Do you remember those cool rainbow shirts and belts they used to have? I always wanted them.






I also created this layout about my son's first crush. You can see the acetate clock behind the chipboard figures. I love those little figures. :)



And finally the last thing I can show you ;) is a haunted birdhouse and candy container using Little Yellow Bicycle's "Frightful" line. Very delicious stuff!!




The candy container is actually wrapped with the paper lace word sheet from LYB. Here's a close-up:



And finally, do you want to win something? How about this stamp set from LYB? Isn't it an awesome set? Just leave a comment by Friday at midnight MST and I will randomly select a winner to send it to. :)

35 comments

  1. Such a cute stamp set...I'd love for it to come live at my house :)

    Becki :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a super cute set! Love the flourishes with the words and that skull!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that stamp set! It's totally adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course I had to come check out your blog after cropping with you on Friday (and this is the first chance I've had). I love everything you got done at the crop and it was very inspiring! I think I'll be going to Home Depot soon and getting a bird house to alter soon. ;) It was so fun to crop with you! We need to do it again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute stamp set! Love the projects you have created. You do some awesome altered projects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Stamp. Halloweeen is my to favorite holiday to scrap for plus it is my grandson's birhtday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wOOOO! I just found that making "kits" for crops work better for me too! I got over 30LOs done at my last one! :) My disney book is half done now!! WTG!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh i so love that stamp set. the skull looks awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't that the cutest Halloween Stamp set EVAH?!! Would luv to get my grubby hands on it, since my LSS doesn't carry LYB & I don't shop online. :( Thx for such a great giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  10. that stamp set is fun, but not nearly as totally fun as that crush LO - love the pink/blue people!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I so love all the things Halloween. This year I think Yellow Bicycle really stole the show. I'm going to copy and paste today's blog so I can try and make some of these cuteis!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you got so much completed..and they all turned out awesome! Can't wait to hear about the book you are working on...and who it is you are working with!!Would love to win the stamp set, very sweet of you to give it away!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jen, I LOVE that haunted birdhouse! You always have the cutest projects. And I love that stamps set, since Halloween is my favorite holiday. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are so talented. I can't wait to come see you at your Stampin' Up party.

    I "gathered" all my supplies for each layout before going to Scrapbook USA. I got about 22 layouts done (or at least partially done) in the 8 hours I was there. I don't have any journaling on them yet. And, of course, my layouts are nothing like your projects. I still scrap very simply, but it still helps to gather everything before hand.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Jen! just stopped by to say I love your blog. Your projects are awesome! great job on them!
    kris

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cute stamp set! I love that it is spooky looking! I sure hope it is me!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous2:00 PM

    Your projects and layouts are nothing but amazing Jen, excellent work. I esp love that layout with the he/she on it. The stamp set is really pretty too and I would love to throw my hat in. Thanks for the offer. That's really kind of you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Throwing my name into the hat for that cool stamp set! Luv it!

    I am excited to hear more about this surprise book that you are contributing to! Hope you can reveal more about it all soon!

    Such sweet projects, Jen... love that Crush lo too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous2:19 PM

    GranShoo sez, "I just love your projects -- especially the Halloween candy container. You are just so talented to do all these wonderful projects. I love the stamp set that you are so kindly giving away. I love to have my name entered in the 'race' for it. Thank you for doing this. Hugs."

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love Halloween!! Love the stamps!!! Love your designs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cute ! Thanks for your shares, too. I really liked them!
    Amy in CA

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is just the coolest Halloween Stamp set. I haven't seen it before! You are so awesome to share with one of us! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  23. great job getting so much accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Jen, that candy container is adorable! Just love it! :)

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  25. Jen I would love to be put in the drawing for the very cool stamp set you are giving away. i love the projects you used the stamps on.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a great stamp set Jen. I think it would love to be in my house. I can't get any LYB by me and I'd love to create with it. YOur projects are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Cute stamp set, I love Halloween...pick me...(jumping up and down)!!! Thanks for a great give away!
    Lisa in Texas

    ReplyDelete
  28. Awesome projects!! Love that stamp set

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a great looking stamp set!! That would definitely get me in the mood for Halloween. Have a great day.

    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  30. I miss you Jen :( I am so glad you are still posting on the MB and in the gallery at CX. Sounds like you had a great time at the crop! :)

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  31. You do great work! Such an inspiration of things. I love the stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a cute stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Anonymous8:45 AM

    your projects are just AMAZING!
    That "first crush" layout is priceless and such a cute use of the KOTM stuff...gotta go back for another look at your projects, they are TOO good. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...